We create a plan for real relief.
If you suffer from chronic pain, we provide a tailored nutrition + lifestyle plan, based on sound science, to help you thrive.
The Truth About Pain
There is a reason for your chronic pain, and it may not be what you think.
In some cases, the body is physically responding to a stressor. In other cases, the brain has actually been trained to experience continued pain.
Surprised? I was, too. But guess what? Both can be successfully treated without the use of drugs.
And that’s great news, because drugs are not a long-term solution for chronic pain. Most drugs treat symptoms, without addressing the root cause. Over time, you need more medication to dull the pain. It’s an endless cycle that often leads to depression and addiction.
Nutrition and lifestyle are key to relief
We’ve all heard about the importance of eating and living well. But what can nutrition and lifestyle really do to relieve your pain? Let’s look at my story.
Before becoming a nutrition consultant, I had many of the symptoms and frustrations I see in my clients today. I experienced daily headaches, crippling depression, and severe foot pain. I thought pain and lethargy were just part of getting older.
Then I read Michael Pollan’s book, The Omnivore’s Dilemma, and I wondered if what I was eating affected how I was feeling. I decided to experiment with changing my diet to see if it made a difference. To my surprise, it did! The headaches subsided, the foot pain went away, and my mood improved dramatically. When I added Kundalini yoga to the mix, my health went to a whole new level. I experienced energy and clarity that I hadn’t felt in a long time, and was able to reduce my depression medication. The nutrition-lifestyle solution was transformative!
Is this one experience an example of “scientific evidence?” No. But in the process of earning my master’s degree in nutrition and integrative health, I discovered even more evidence about the tremendous impact of food on how we feel and function.
I learned that food modulates inflammation, neurotransmitters, hormones, organ function, and digestion (references below). I also learned that by addressing key nutrient deficiencies, while adopting positive lifestyle habits, you may reduce or eliminate the need for medication.
Your needs are unique
While proper nutrition is essential for health and pain relief, there is no “right” way for everyone to eat. Instead, we each have our own optimal diet that enables us to feel our best. The trick is identifying what that is for YOU.
That’s where NuScience Solutions comes in. We understand how nutrition can help you heal, and we use sound science to design an approach tailored to YOU.
If you’re interested in finally relieving your chronic pain, book a complimentary consultation so we can explore your needs.
Not quite ready to chat? Follow these links to learn more about how we can help you, then contact us with your questions!
How We Help
To truly solve a problem, you have to address the root cause. At NuScience Solutions, we get to the core of your pain through:
- Detailed evaluation of your health history and timeline, including what has and hasn’t worked for you in the past
- Dietary and lifestyle analysis based on observed and reported symptoms
- Functional lab testing, when appropriate
This information, taken together, often suggests a particular treatment direction.
Once we understand what’s causing your pain, we recommend a nutrition and lifestyle plan to help you find relief. Your plan may include:
- Dietary guidelines to reduce inflammation and physical pain
- Herbs and select supplements to support balance and healing
- Mind-body exercises to address pain perception
With a plan in place, you’re ready to start on the path to pain relief.
Follow-up sessions help us keep you accountable to your commitments, and enable us to continually optimize your plan. A typical session includes:
- Progress review
- Exploring what different symptoms are telling you about your body
- Adjusting your plan and goals in response to your results
We act as your mentor and coach, helping you recognize and respond to what your body is telling you, so you can find lasting pain relief in ways that fit your personality, your budget, and your lifestyle.
Our advanced degrees and certification in nutrition, integrative health, chemical engineering, and biochemistry give you access to thousands of hours of experience, knowledge, and training in both nutrition and science. We’re passionate about improving your health, naturally.
We trust nutrition, and verify with science. You benefit from both.
We excel at collecting and analyzing data, and evaluating results using unbiased, scientifically-accepted methods. Our top priority is to identify what works for you so you can experience real relief from your chronic pain.
We do research right. You get results.
We limit our client portfolio so we can provide you with highly personalized service that is tailored to your unique needs. We pride ourselves on developing deep and lasting relationships that offer long-term benefits to your health and vitality.
We get to know you better. You get someone who listens & understands.
Each client is unique, so your individual plan will look different from anyone else’s. However, we do follow a standard process to develop your plan and ensure your success:
- First, we identify the root cause. To do this, we perform a detailed evaluation of your health history and timeline; conduct a dietary and lifestyle analysis; and do functional lab testing, when appropriate.
- Next, we create a custom plan. We let you know where we see opportunities for changes that will have a positive effect on your pain. We often suggest eating patterns that are anti-inflammatory; supplements to address likely nutrient insufficiencies or to support specific organ function; mindfulness work; and some form of sound, or meditation therapy.
- Finally, we monitor and support as you act on your plan. Your plan is only as good as its implementation, and we’re here to help you succeed. Our follow-up sessions are critical to your success, as they ensure accountability and afford you the opportunity to continually learn about how to respond to your body’s symptoms to achieve long-term pain relief.
- Complimentary Consultation: 25 minutes. This session helps us decide if it makes sense to work together.
- Root Cause Analysis and Planning: 1.5-2 hours. These two steps are typically done in a single session, where we collect all of your data and discuss opportunities and timeline.
- Implement, Monitor and Support: 3-12 months. This is where you act on your plan, and we have regular check-ins to ensure continued progress and momentum. Ultimately, the goal is to imbue you with the skills, confidence, and commitment to self-manage your chronic pain through nutrition and lifestyle…for a lifetime.
It’s different for each individual, as everyone’s body and pain is unique. However, here are some general patterns we’ve observed:
- Meditation and other brain-rewiring techniques can be effective within two weeks if done daily.
- Adopting and sticking to an anti-inflammatory diet typically yields benefits within three weeks.
- The effect of herbs and supplements is usually noticeable between 6-12 weeks, depending on the level of need/insufficiency.
Your biggest investment, by far, is your time and effort. Unlike other healing modalities, results are almost exclusively dependent on how committed you are to making changes, day-in and day-out.
Financially, your investment in our consultation services starts with a $499 new client package. This covers an initial 1.5 – 2 hour session and two follow-ups. If you decide that you’d like additional support, we offer a monthly subscription service. This gives you access to thousands of hours of experience, knowledge, and training in both nutrition and science, targeted research into your specific condition/issue, a detailed plan tailored exclusively to your needs, ongoing email/phone support, and a 15% discount on supplements purchased through us.
If your situation requires laboratory testing and nutrient supplementation, you can expect to invest an additional $150-300 in lab fees, and $75-200/month in supplements.
The value of your having the skill, confidence, and commitment to feel better for the rest of your life? Priceless.
No. But, upon your request, I’ll provide you with a superbill that you may submit to your insurance company for review. A superbill provides diagnosis (ICD10) and CPT codes, with an itemized list of services and fees paid to me for clinical nutrition consulting services.
Be sure to check with your insurance company to understand your benefits with respect to clinical nutrition counseling before proceeding. Your insurance company may reimburse a portion of your fees, but each provider is different.
Not really. Doctors have less than 25 hours of nutritional training during medical school. With our advanced degrees in engineering, biochemistry, nutrition, and integrative health, you get access to thousands of hours of experience, knowledge, and training in both nutrition and science.
We specialize in understanding the chemistry of the human body, how changes in food and lifestyle affect the body and mind, and how to apply nutrition on a case-by-case basis to support your health and relieve your pain.
Our services are designed to complement and enhance the relationship you have with your doctor.
Because this is a commitment to your process and lifestyle modification, we do not offer refunds.
To create a foundation for success, we ask that individuals purchase a basic new client package. This includes an initial assessment, a personalized plan, and two follow-up consultations over the course of three months. During this time, we listen to your needs and we make changes to your plan when you feel something isn’t working.
If you are not satisfied with your progress after three months, you are under no obligation to continue working with us.
Want to learn more? Let’s talk. Your initial consultation is free.