This is a great, easy main course – and it’s all vegetarian. Serve with a big salad and some roasted sweet potatoes.
- 10 oz fresh spinach washed and finely chopped, or 1 10 oz bag of thawed and well-drained frozen, chopped spinach.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup cheese shredded, your choice: parmesan, feta, cheddar, Swiss.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds ground
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Shape into patties and cook over medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet with a small amount of olive oil.
- Patties are done when they are golden and firm (about 4 - 6 minutes)