Asparagus Salad with Sweet Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh marjoram chopped, or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 lb asparagus tough ends trimmed, cut on diagonal into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup pecans chopped, toasted
- Boil vinegar in heavy, small saucepan over medium heat until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Pour vinegar into a large bowl. Whisk in oil, mustard, marjoram, and garlic. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Alternately, place in covered, microwave-safe bowl and microwave a minute at a time until asparagus reaches the desired doneness.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Add asparagus and bell pepper to dressing; toss to blend well.
- Sprinkle with pecans and serve.